Thursday 2 August 2007

Time well wasted

The Great Circle of Time turns once more and Shamballah is once again rising, its superrace of Nietzschean master men once more towering over the prostrate figure of earth-bound humanity. In short, it's Thursday.


Good day, for a day at A4E. Had a bit of a walk around town, wasted most time by reading the papers. Unfortunately the last half hour was hijacked when they gave us, there were only two of us by then, a quiz to do. Three sheets of paper, one with pictures of Mister Men to identify, one with screen captures from films of 2006 to identify, one with the bisected faces of celebrities to identify. I didn't do well, I'm glad to say. I'm not sure I got any of the films right, certainly no more than one. Never seen any of them. I don't know my Mister Men, either, I'm afraid, and I wouldn't have got any of the faces if it hadn't been for Terry Venables and Brian Clough.


I was reading some blog or other not long ago about the links between the New Labour saga and the Harry Potter series of books. Private Eye gag in this fortnight's issue: Tony Blair and the Deathly Honours List.


Something to annoy Tom Smith and anyone else believing that feminism is mandated sexual equality: Section 7 (2)(b) of the Sex Discrimination Act of 1975. In short, mandated sexual inequality.

No comments: