Thursday 23 August 2007

Another day, another wasted day.

"Human blood is a commodity." -- US Foreign Trade Commission, 1966.

Apparently, anyway.

Back at A4E today, doing very little. Indeed upon leaving the building there were a couple of girls in front of me who'd also been on the course, one of them's a model apparently (although obviously unemployed to be there), saying how they couldn't believe they'd been there all day and done nothing, "absolutely nothing". They went through a list of things they hadn't done and it seemed quite comprehensive.

Befoe that I'd spent the last session of the day's play going off to get an application form from Homebase, which took a surprisingly long time on a surprisingly hot day. Got back to A4E at just the right time to be let out again almost straight away. That application form is now resting snugly in my bin. Well, the pile of rubbish on the floor of my flat, anyway.

When I got home I took to reading Fortean Times. Something in there about modern art, a man shitting a 500 Euro note. Reminds me, I once read about a man who had tinned his own shit and sold it to the Tate for more then its weight in gold. ("He done a guff, I saw it!") I walked past a shop today which offers cash for gold and silver. That must be how those inflation-obsessed survivalists are planning to cash in their precious metals.

I see that all the local school uniforms now include blazers. Was all jumpers in my day. Very posh, they are. No doubt expensive.

There is a staff member at A4E called Sarah. Been in hospital, I hear, so has neglected her job. Sonia's off now. Was last week too. The intellectual quality of our little group of dole scroungers has gone down, so I'm not recounting their ramblings as I have done recently. Placements and agencies have left only people whose idea of conversation is "I've got a big cock, you should know you had it in your mouth".

Of course I've had a look at the papers today. I never apply for the jobs in them, of course. We are legally required to search for jobs up to 90 minutes travel away, but I don't think anyone does. Besides, there are plenty of unemployed people there. No advantage in us "getting on our bikes".

There's a sign up at A4E. A list of people who got jobs while at the company. Five of them. From months ago.

There was an advert in the Evening Post. Roshni, a local women's shelter type service. Obviously, no jobs going for men. Section 7 of the sex discrimination act, again, "discrimination is alright if it's not against women".

A lesson in job adverts: "enhanced disclosure" means a Criminal Records Buraeu check. To see if you're a perv and so on.

Defenestrate. Good Consultants on the radio last night. Propagandistic rhymes with communistic. Stars with jars.

No comments: