Friday 11 January 2008

Kinky Afro

Yippee-ippee-ey-ey-ay-yey-yey
I had to crucify some brother today
And I don’t dig what you gotta say
So come on and say it
Come on and tell me twice

I said dad you’re a shabby
You run around and groove like a baggy
You’re only here just out of habit
All that’s mine you might as well have it
You take 10p back and then stab it
Spray it on and tag it
So sack on me
I can’t stand the needy
Get around here if you’re asking you’re feeling

Yippee-ippee-ey-ey-ay-yey-yey
I had to crucify somebody today
And I don’t dig what you gotta say
So come on and say it
Come on and tell me twice

Happy Mondays.

Unhappy thursdays, though. I had to go and sign on again, after a month's break for Christmas. Good old Christmas kept the JobCentre momentarily off my back. I'd heard bad things, but they haven't changed since before Christmas. I should have been sent back onto a New Deal course by now, but they seem to have forgotten me.

I had an interview yesterday. I don't like them or understand them. Give the job to the first person to apply. I truly hate the phrase "sell yourself". No thanks. I was asked what I thought I'd got out of the interview. Well, what should I get out of it? A job or not a job, surely? What could I give to the company? Well, I could do work in exchange for money. I don't think the truth is what they wanted to hear.

Bad King John died within sight of my window. Poisoned pears. So I hear, anyway. Not as good as a "surfeit of lampreys". That's a local story, though, others say he died at the other side of the castle. Could be. There's something suspicious about it all. He was on the run from the Magna Carta crowd, he'd just crowned the earth to rule in his stead whilst he became a feudatory of the Pope, putting the crown on the ground rather than crowning the nuncio. Then he loses his treasure in the Wash, much the same thing that's happened to many a sock over the years, but many claim this is a myth. None of that treasure has ever turned up, certainly. Perhaps the Pharoahs should have tried that, they couldn't keep a treasure hidden. Then the poisoning in one fo two places in the castle later appropriated by the Templars. They whole story isn't one I like.

No comments: