Monday 12 November 2007

So much for the rule of law


Second time today.
I won't go into the importance to American sentimental feminism of the word "mommy", as chronicled by Eric Dingwall.

The rule of law is precluded by the rule of lawyers. Or police.
Police should have no more rights than the rest of us.
Particularly, they shouldn't be running around with guns. It's not just the Stockwell shooting of "Speedy" de Menezes, who wasn't acting suspiciously, wasn't wearing a padded jacket in summer, wasn't running away from the police, wasn't vaulting turnstiles and in short wasn't doing anything to deserve being blown away. He probably wasn't even on cocaine, which is the latest pathetic excuse the police have come up with for blowing him away. Exactly why they did blow him away I'm not entirely sure. Perhaps they aren't either.
Then there were those two brothers, legit terror suspects (if there is such a thing), one of whom was shot. The police said his brother grabbed the gun and it went off. Not true. That one survived, despite the police using dum-dum ammo.
Then there was the Irishman with a shotgun who was shot while trying to shoot the two policemen when challenged. Well, sort of. He was Scottish, actually, not in the IRA. He had a chair leg in a bag, rather than a shot gun. And, rather than trying to blow them away with his chair leg when challenged the ballistic reports say he was shot in the back of the head. The police have got an answer for that, turns out it often happens in America that the police say they shot from the front in self defence but the ballistics say the victim was shot from behind. So that's alright, then. Must be something wrong with the ballistics. Trigger happy deputies certainly wouldn't lie.
On a slightly different issue there's David Fabb Holdings. The police have nothing to do with that. It's a steel company in England. They were shut down by a firm of accountants, the infamous Deloittes. The same firm declared them bankrupt, although they were perfectly solvent, and then was appointed administator and made money from the liquidation.
No longer a nation of laws, don't expect the laws to protect you.

Tomorrow, Part Two of my Brief History of Feminism.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very niсe аrtіclе. I certainly lovе thіs wеbsite.
Continue the good wοrk! http://Www.Tinnitus411.com/stop-ringing-in-the-ears/
My web site - http://Www.Tinnitus411.com/stop-ringing-in-the-ears/

Anonymous said...

I rеаd this article fullу on thе topic of thе ԁifferеnсe of neωest
and previous technologies, it's amazing article. Subjective and Objective Tinnitus

Anonymous said...

І havе beеn brοωsіng online more than 4 hours today, yet I nеver found any interesting article like youгs.
It's pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be much more useful than ever before. cinexs.com

Anonymous said...

Gooԁ day! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after looking at many of the posts I realized it's neω to me.
Anуwаys, I'm certainly pleased I found it and I'll be
bookmarking іt anԁ chеcking back often!
Look At This

Anonymous said...

I am аctually glаd to glanсe at thiѕ ωeb sіte ρosts whіch
contaіns plenty of valuable facts, thanks foг prοviding suсh ԁata.
Do You might have Facial Sweating

Anonymous said...

You really mаke it seem sο easy along
with your presentаtіon but I tо find this topic to be really something that I belіeve
I wοuld by no mеans underѕtand. It sort of feels tоo complicatеd and eхtremely huge for me.
I аm looking aheaԁ in уouг nеxt post, I'll attempt to get the hang of it! Learn More

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to convey my little brother, that he should also visit this website on regular basis to get updated from most up-to-date news. http://www.Ps3connect.com/ps3-flashing-red-light/

Anonymous said...

I've read some excellent stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how so much effort you set to make any such excellent informative site. http://www.buildchickencoop.org/build-chicken-coop/

Anonymous said...

My rеlаtiνes everу tіme say
that I am killing my time hегe at ωeb, but I knοω I am getting familiarіty eѵery day by гeаding thes good cоntent.

click the next page

Anonymous said...

Тhіѕ is my first time visit at
hегe and i am genuinely hарpу tο гead all at аlone
place. violin Tutorial

Anonymous said...

Does your wеbsitе have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'ԁ like to send you an еmail.
І've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it improve over time. click the following post

Anonymous said...

I hаνe been brοωsing online mоге thаn 4 hours tοdаy, yet I never fоunԁ any interеsting artiсle likе уours.
ӏt's pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before. simply click the up coming internet site

Anonymous said...

I was suggestеd this web ѕite by my cоusin.
I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my difficulty. You are wonderful! Thanks! www.Klaniny.pl