Friday 14 September 2007

But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man And so is Lola

From Usenet:
Every year, thousands of Americans are victimized by a swindle known as the "immigrant abuse scam." What's amazing is this shakedown is paid for by the U.S. taxpayer under the guise of stopping domestic violence.
One of those persons is Roger Knudson, 64, of Arizona. When he discovered his wife was having an affair, he filed for divorce. Fearing the judge would learn her visa had expired and order her back to Mexico, Knudson's wife fell into a rage and attacked him.
But the DA refused to prosecute the assault. Then the illegal went to a local woman's shelter that provided her pro bono legal services and told her to accuse her husband of the very crime that she herself had committed. "I have spent thousands of dollars since 2002 clearing myself of the accusations," Knudson wrote sadly.


Yes, I remember when the Ottawa government made it law that someone could be kicked out of his house if he was accused of abuse. The spectre was a prostitute taken to the house phoning the police and ending up with the house, which was a possibility. Don't know if it ever happened. Can't be bothered looking for that now.

Out of time.

No comments: