Thursday 19 July 2007

An A4E week over, anyway


I feel like one of these brave heroes/captured terrorists. Whichever you like.

Sonia is jetting off to Prague, apparently. As I say, the big difference between us dole scroungers and them dole-scroungers is that they get a lot more money out of it. And that's quite a big difference, really.

I was having quite a nice day this morning, considering I had to be at that awful place. I just read the papers, which is far the most useful way to spend your time when you're in a New Deal office. Then Sonia gave me another project to do, another piece of busywork and time wasting. Something to do with catering. They misspelled vegetarian, I notice. She was amenable to the idea, which I tried to put on her, that it was a waste of time. So, I wasted a bit of time on that. It was so dull it made me long for the days when I was doing a warehousing project. Then she called me grumpy, the cheeky mare. Too right, I'm grumpy. I've got every reason to be grumpy and I was in a particular grump at that stage. I should, perhaps, have told her how I feel and where she can stick her New Deal course.

I am, remember, there against my will. I'm expected, despite being forced to attend, to do more or less nothing all the time and, if I get owt to do it'll be badly spelt busywork. On the whole this might be lucky, with all those idiots shouting at the top of their voices I can't concentrate on doing anything anyway. I don't like noises. The louder the worse, and I'm particularly unfond of the human voice, which I have great difficulty parsing. All this womanish wittering in unreasonably loud tones of voice gets on my nerves. Then they give me these things that they can't even be bothered to spell check. I, remember, am the one who's unemployed. "Preperation". "Vegitarian". The entire document supposedly teaching me how to write letters. I wouldn't even have been able to tell which letters were meant to be good and which were examples of badly written letters if it weren't for the bad one having "bad" written on it. Got that right, anyway. Man there named Kenneth. Name descended from Cunedda, one of the Gwr y Gogledd (or Men of the North) in the Dark Ages, which weren't really all that dark.

So, yes, I'm a bit grumpy.

It is what you make it, I believe someone once said to me. Not true, it is what it is. I don't blame Sonia personally. She's posh and dopy. Nice but dim, if you prefer. No doubt not inclined towards introspection.
I hear on the radio that they're raising the driving age because drunk young men kill most women, indeed the made it sound like more young women are killed by young male drunk drivers that by all other causes put together, which I rather doubt.
On a related subject foreign Lindsey apparently has a friend who accused a man of rape wrongfully, luckily the police didn't pursue as Lindsey (spell how you please) had told them that she was a habitual liar. Still, hold the feminist line: women never lie about rape.

No comments: