Monday 3 March 2008

Power of Nightmares

I had a dream. Not a good one. A dreams of tea with the Parsons and "little people" helping the abuildment of Scientologie, to use the original German name. Grey little people, liminal janus-like beings. Threshold, watcher on the. Waking up, I was, a liminal time. Terminus. Awareness during sleep paralysis, something I have rarely but occasioanlly experienced. Abyss. Choronzon. Abzu, the only Sumerian word to enter the English language. Where did I read that? Some book about Islam. The abzu was the under-sea upon which the world floats, I believe. The dark endless waters beneath the earth.

Ka. Egyptian soul, is it? A new age being, I hear. A type of car. Rhymes, isn't that clever?

Words. Once asked a shop assistant when the bog rolls were. "Toilet rolls?" Well, yes. Direct me to the quilted two-ply immediately, old hag.

I received a visit from two women in uniform the other day, the Wednesday morning. Alas, not misdirected strip-o-grams. Banged on my door whilst I was in a state of undress. They were interested in the bloke who lives across the hall, although I couldn't tell them anything. Apparently they came back later and bashed his door down, although I didn't notice it, or the wreckage which must have been mended quickly. That was the day, I believe, of the big Nottingham drug busts, might be related. Might not.

Pubs. Edric the Wild, Saxon revolutionary, supposedly recruited a fairy for his wife having come upon her in a drinking house. Didn't end happily, but it's the pub itself that interests me. The Norman chronicler disdainfully remarks that the English had such a place in every district. Indeed, the drinking house had a role to play in early English government, being able to issue weregild-boosting safe passages to people travelling through its jurisdiction, as Frank Stenton recounts in his long and otherwise unremarkable book.

I notice window areas in the world. Rankin makes a fictitious area of such a kind in the London borough of Brentford, but such places evidently exist. They seem to exist mostly on drug transhipment lines, but let's not confuse cause and effect. Paraguay is one, Florida another. The Afghanistan-Kurdistan region. London. Yugoslavia. Bavaria. Lebanon. Angola. Stories from today, the USAF is finding it hard to track and bomb the Taleban because they are hiding in Marijuana forests in Afghanistan, which can't be burned even with white phosphorous. In Paraguay Neal Bush, the fraudster and member of the Bush family, is giving a speech to moonies.

Latest ray post, Child conquering and triumphant.

No comments: