Wednesday 31 October 2007

Horseman of the Acropolis

I've just seen a UFO, through the forecourt at Sandicliffe. I only saw it for a few seconds. It wasn't particularly high, it was emitting light and leaving a faint smoke trail, not a vapour trail. Vapours. Good song, "Turning Japanese", by the Vapours. There was an elderly couple across the road who were looking at it. They would've had a better view. Further along the road I passed a woman who works at the library who I overheard talking about it, specifically the lack of a trail (she said she couldn't see one, perhaps implying there had been one but wasn't any longer).

Not the first time, either. I saw a typical daylight sphere once. Cosmic geometry, Sharula said.

Kirkgate, that's Church Street in Old Norse. Lots of "gates" around here. JamesT. It was Kirkgate, or from Kirkgate, that I saw a pentagram in scaffolding. Norsemen of the Apocalypse. I wonder if all prophecy is based on weak puns. In English. If this is the End Times it would make sense for the puns to be in a language spoken today.

Besides, puns are particularly an English phenomenon. In the war Nazis dressed as puns parachuted into Britain, or so was the common fear.

No comments: